We have an exciting opportunity to work for a prestigious university based in Central London:
Job title: Graduate Admissions Administrator
Pay rate: GBP18.05
Working pattern: Hybrid Monday to Friday 35 hours per week (first few weeks will be fully campus based for training)
Duration: 6-8 months
To support the work of the Graduate Admissions Office in providing a full professional administrative support service for all central Graduate Admissions functions
- To provide applicants and enquirers with immediate, detailed expert advice and information on all aspects of the admissions process: by phone, written correspondence and in person
- To provide applicants and enquirers with clear guidance on the programme contents of the graduate programmes offered by phone, written correspondence and in person
- To provide expert detailed advice to selectors and departmental staff on the equivalence of international qualifications, status of applications and all other aspects of the School admissions procedures: by phone, written correspondence and in person
- To respond to complaints accurately and completely, minimising upward referral
2 Teamwork and Motivation
- To be a proactive member of the Graduate Admissions Office (GAO) team participating in all areas and carrying out duties as required
- To liaise with team members and meet target objectives established by the APRC or set by the Head of Admissions
- To motivate others in the team to encourage teamwork and a flexible approach to achieving the team's aims
- To supervise and provide support to new staff and temporary agency workers in the absence of the GAO Manager and other members of the management team.
- To represent the section at ARD working groups and central administration meetings, such as staff briefings and ARD Business Group, and report back to the team
Knowledge and Experience
- Detailed familiarity with all office procedures and wider admissions procedures
- A thorough understanding of multiple complex databases
- A thorough understanding of the relationship between internal databases and web systems
- A good understanding of common errors to minimise the referral of problems upwards
- Familiarity with School regulations and requirements
- An expert knowledge of all graduate programmes
If you would like to hear more about this role, please send a copy of your CV. We will contact all shortlisted candidates.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.