Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Immediate Start available
- Supporting students with Special Educational Needs
- Competitive rates of pay dependant on experience
Are you a Graduate interested in pursuing a career within Education? Do you have what it takes to support students with additional needs in reaching their full potential? If yes, this is the perfect role for you!
Timeplan Education are recruiting for a Graduate Teaching Assistant to join a Havering Special Needs All through School on a temporary contract commencing ASAP. You will be working alongside a dedicated SENDCo, offering support to pupils across KS1 and KS2 with a variety of needs including Autism and SEMH.
You will be working in an OFSTED "Outstanding" provision with a highly experienced team and excellent facilities.
As a Graduate Teaching Assistant you will offer direct support to the Class Teacher, ensuring every pupil feels safe, happy and confident at school. You will work with pupils on a 1-1, small group and whole class basis; as well as assisting with interventions and social/emotional support. It will also be your direct responsibility to liaise with parents/carers, SLT and Teachers to provide feedback on student progress.
The role of a Graduate Teaching Assistant is incredibly rewarding and there may be opportunities for direct teacher-training for successful candidates. Previous experience working with children/adults with Special Needs is desirable, though not essential to succeed.
To be considered for this Graduate Teaching Assistant role you should have:
- A clear, enhanced DBS (or the means to apply for one)
- Information for 2 employment references
- A calm and patient demeanour
- Ideally voluntary/paid employment experience working with SEN children/adults
In return, we can offer you:
- CPD and ongoing support throughout your placement
- Competitive rates of pay (negotiable based on experience)
- Excellent local schools
If you are interested in this Graduate Teaching Assistant role, please apply today or call Jade at Timeplan on .