Sports and Exercise Graduate Opportunity - Coach- Youth Work - Mental Health - Guildford
Are you a sports and/or exercise graduate with an interest in supporting vulnerable young people?
The School: Teaching Assistant - Coach - Aspiring Youth Worker - Mental Health - Guildford
The school is based near Guildford and provides support for children aged 9-16 years who have a range of learning and behavioural needs due to social, emotional and mental health challenges. All students that attend the school have a designated Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) which details their specific needs in terms of the care and support they will have access to. The school provides a safe learning environment for children who suffer with high levels of anxiety which can result in a lack of focus and challenging behaviour.
This is an all-boys school where there is a strong interest in sports and exercise. As a sport graduate you will have the chance to utilise your skills and knowledge whilst supporting vulnerable children and young people.
What is involved: Teaching Assistant - Coach - Aspiring Youth Worker - Mental Health
- Working with a class, a small group or individual learners, both inside and outside of the classroom
- Encouraging the development of social skills and supporting students' individual needs
- Helping to build confidence and motivation
- Participating in team meetings and training programmes as an active member of a team
- Maintaining progress records
- Supporting regulations pertaining to safeguarding
What is required: Teaching Assistant - Coach - Aspiring Youth Worker - Mental Health
- An Undergraduate Degree, ideally in a relevant subject such as Psychology or Criminology
- Knowledge and/or a keen interest and understanding of the range of different types of learning and behavioural needs
- Good general education levels in English and Maths - A Levels are preferable
- A co-operative working style and a proactive approach to solving problems
- Good interpersonal and communication skill and a caring attitude
- Flexibility in terms of working patterns
Summary: Teaching Assistant - Coach - Aspiring Youth Worker - Mental Health
- Youth Work, Coach, Learning Mentor, Behaviour Mentor, Teaching Assistant
- GBP80 to GBP90 daily rate (5-day week - 30am to 4.00pm)
- Special needs schools and mainstream settings with specialist provision - mental health, trauma, SEN
- Full time and part time roles, flexible working hours and short and long term contracts
- Novemebr or Decemebr starts depending on your availability
- Apply via this advert or call Ben Mason on for more details.