We are currently recruiting for ambitious 2024 graduates to join Convex, an international specialty insurer and reinsurer founded by Stephen Catlin and Paul Brand. With operations in Bermuda, London and Europe. Convex occupies a unique position in the insurance industry combining unrivalled experience, reputation and a legacy free balance sheet.
In 2019, Stephen Catlin and Paul Brand co-founded Convex with $1.7bn of initial committed capital to underwrite insurance and reinsurance for complex specialty risks. The company has since received an A.M. Best rating of A (Excellent) and regulatory approval to operate in London, Bermuda, Luxembourg and United States.
We live our values in every facet of our business:
Earn our reputation, Straightforward and fair, Determined to improve, Inspired by opportunity, Enjoy being different
Convex is looking to hire an inquisitive PO/Actuarial graduates to support the team in achieving its purpose which is to help improve risk-based decision making of the Underwriting teams and thereby influence the successful delivery of the underwriting business plan.We do this by performing Reserving studies and feeding insights from those studies into the business but also by shaping and influencing the day-to-day activities of Underwriters, Portfolio Optimisation, Claims, Pricing, Finance, Exposure Management & Stochastic Modelling.
Our PO/Actuarial graduates have a top-tier aptitude for numbers, a desire to complete the actuarial exams (which we offer)
The successful candidate will have a varied role and will include a variety of tasks working with members of the team to support:
- Reserving activities for major events and US GAAP
- Compliance with Solvency II including calculation of Technical Provisions and the Standard Formula, as well as the Actuarial Function Reports
- Partnering with the business on key strategic projects
- Analysing external data
- Developing the technical functionality (modelling method and calibrations) of the Stochastic Model
- Setting technical functionality, methods and parameters of the Pricing models
- Demonstrating the adequacy of the outwards RI programme.