Employer description: CMS is a one of the UK's leading specialist Facilities Maintenance companies, delivering support 24/7.
Overview:CMS have an exciting opportunity to join a team that will be defining how the company uses analytics to transform customer experiences, accelerate business growth and optimise efficiency. We are looking for an enthusiastic and approachable data-driven individual with a deep analytical skillset and a passion for driving change through insights.
You will be responsible for collecting, analysing, and interpreting data to provide valuable insights and support informed decision-making. This position requires a strong analytical mindset, attention to detail, and the ability to communicate findings effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Salary:GBP18,000 per annum.
Principal Accountabilities: Data Collection and Cleaning:
- Proven track record analysing, compiling, and delivering data to key stakeholders Gathering and compiling data from various sources, including databases, spreadsheets, and external datasets
- Clean and pre-process data to ensure accuracy and consistency, summarise complex data into actionable recommendations
- Collaborate with stakeholders and other analysts to build reporting solutions that are scalable, repeatable, effective, and meet the needs of the team
- Apply statistical and data analysis techniques to extract meaningful insights, identifying trends, patterns, and correlations in the data
- Define and implement dashboards using creative solutions to enhance the experience going forward as well as standardise metrics and reports
- Create clear and informative data visualisations to communicate findings
- Provide strategic recommendations utilising multiple types of data, business knowledge, and clearly documented assumptions
- Prepare regular reports and ad-hoc analyses for management and other teams within the organisation
- Translate data-driven insights into actionable recommendations for business improvements and monitor and ensure data quality, integrity, and consistency
- Maintain and improve processes related to business systems to increase efficiency, reduce manual intervention, and limit the risk of human error
What we are looking for:Essential skills / experience:
- Proven experience in data analysis
- Proficiency in data analysis tools and software (e.g., Excel, Power BI)
- Familiarity with data visualisation tools (e.g., Tableau, Python, SQL)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and a commitment to data accuracy
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and data modelling is a plus
Desired / Preferred skills:
- Understanding of data governance and data privacy regulations
Entry requirements:Standard entry:
- Level 3 qualification (apprenticeship/A-levels/BTEC, etc)
- OR equivalent work experience (typically two years in a relevant role) Plus:
- 5 GCSE's, including English and Maths at Grade 4 (C) or above
- Experience with using Excel and Microsoft products (or similar)
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
- Medical cover (currently after 12 months service)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Critical illness cover
- Death in service
- Cycle to work
- Long service holidays (1 additional after 3 years' service)
Future prospects: upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will gain:
- A full time role
- Progression on Data Pathway.
Important information: Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed. Apply now!