Employer description: Civic Engineers believe in creating inspirational structures and places that have a positive impact on the environment and enable people to lead happier and healthier lives. Our 100+ strong team across studios in Glasgow, Manchester, Leeds and London have extensive experience of delivering structural and urban infrastructure projects that help to create and transform neighbourhoods and cities and bring significant economic, social and environmental benefits to those places for all that live, work and visit there.
Overview:We are now looking for an eager candidate to join us as an apprentice. You will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience as you complete an IT systems and networking - Azure Cloud Support Specialist - Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Salary:GBP18,000 per annum.
Duties: you will be responsible for:
- Delivery of high quality customer service and IT support to all internal employees
- Managing, coordinating and resolving tickets that come into the service desk
- Coordinating with the rest of the IT team
- Ensuring you are managing your studio
- Active Directory account administration
- Microsoft Exchange Administration
- Windows 10 admin and updates
- Printer troubleshooting and assistance
- Input to our knowledgebase by writing documentation and user guides
What we are looking for: Skills / Personal qualities:
- You can communicate complex concepts and ideas easily to the wider business
- Work as a team player, particularly in communicating and supporting other team members
- You are customer focussed expressed through admirable interpersonal skills benefiting this role
- Working within a supportive team, you will have a keen eye for detail look to continually improve processes and experience for end-users
- You keep up to date with latest technology developments and will help leverage improved capabilities for our organisation
- Strong attention to detail
- Friendly and helpful manner
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency
- A real empathy for colleagues
- 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship is in a similar subject
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
Benefits:Annual Leave:In addition to statutory bank holidays, you can enjoy 26 days annual leave inclusive of 3 days over the Christmas and New Year period when our studios are closed (Pro rata if you're part time).Extra Holidays:After 3 years of working together, you can enjoy an extra day holiday entitlement.After 5 years, you can enjoy yet another extra day holiday entitlement.Buying and Selling Holidays:As part of our Better Normal we will be giving you the opportunity to buy and sell leave.Option to buy a maximum of 5 days per year (pro rata for P/T).Option to sell a maximum of 5 days per year.Creating a Sabbatical Pot:For you to bank holidays over 3 years for a 1-month long sabbatical in year 4. Year 1 - Bank 5 days; Year 2 - Bank 5 days; Year 3 - Bank 5 days; and Year 4 - Take 1 month paid sabbatical. Request in advance giving a minimum of 6 months' notice.Sick Leave:4 weeks full pay. We offer an additional 2 days per annum which can be taken as Mental Wellness days.Free Eye Test:Working on computers daily entitles you to a free eye test. Simply keep your receipt and include it on your monthly expenses sheet.Gym Membership:You can exchange 2 days' holiday to support the payment of membership of a gym of your choice.
Future prospects:90% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. There is a strong possibility of gaining full time employment. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
Important information: Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed. Apply now!