Our client, a leading manufacturing company based near Aylesbury, are seeking a Production Engineer to join their team.
This is an ideal role for someone with a mechanical or electrical engineering background to join a growing company.
As Production Engineer you will provide engineering support and expertise for Production teams by resolving technical problems and issues. This will include helping to improve the standards of quality and efficiency across all cells and supports the implementation of new production lines for all incoming NPI products and improvement projects.
- Supervise the manufacturing processes, ensuring quality work is done in a safe, efficient manner
- Implement new manufacturing technologies and process improvements
- Take ownership of manufacturing equipment setup and maintenance; ensuring reliability
- Diagnose problems in the production line and provide recommendations
- Provide technical support and training within the production teams
- Ensure design files and information are kept up to date, according to the quality processes in place (Risk Assessments, FMEA)
- Review and analyse data from the production monitoring system
- Create work instructions for products in partnership with customers
- Work in partnership with Production, Quality and Commodity teams to improve efficiency and quality across all cells.
Skills, knowledge & experience required:
- Engineering qualification
- Experience working in an engineering, manufacturing, or production environment
- Experience in process implementation and product optimisation
- Willingness to get involved on the production line
- Able to identify and suggest process improvements
- Interested in how things work and come together
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.