HCO Group, trading as 'Re-Macs' is one of the fastest-growing Apple computer refurbishers in Europe. We already have ten years of experience behind us, and we have recently expanded to new larger premises in Harrogate and are looking to add to our fantastic team. As a smaller business with fewer employees, we welcome our newcomers with open arms, our family-like culture helps employees feel comfortable and at ease when coming into a daunting new atmosphere.
Working with us at Re-Macs, you are not just a number in the system, you are an important part of helping us to achieve our vision of being the biggest retailer of refurbished Macs in the UK!
We’re looking for a new member of the team to join as a Level 4 Software Developer Apprentice.
You must be interested and have knowledge of the latest technologies and tools such as large language models (e.g. ChatGPT).
£18,000 per annum.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Maintain and develop new features for our bespoke FileMaker database
- Maintain and add new content and features to our various websites
- Create automations and scripts to help improve business processes such as using APIs to move data from one service to another
- Sort out and format data in spreadsheets, or improve our testing process
- Other responsibilities will also include occasionally helping out other members of the team during busy periods to test and pack Macs
- You will assist with helping to create improvements as you will know more about other people's roles and processes
- You will also assist with organisation and improvements within our warehouse
A successful applicant is someone who can research new technologies and implement them independently.
- Previous programming experience, either through academic courses (e.g., Computer Science) or as a hobbyist
- Ability to research, learn, and apply new technologies independently
- Comfortable using Apple computers and devices
- Careful attention to detail alongside a naturally hard-working nature
- Adaptability, you'll be expected to manage your day
- Logical approach to problem-solving and an ability to use your initiative
- Enjoy learning about and using the latest technologies
- The learner must have completed a Level 3 Software Development Apprenticeship with QA or have an equivalent qualification with another training provider
- OR an A-level in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) subject and a successful completion of our aptitude test
- OR a BTEC Diploma in IT and a successful completion of our aptitude test
- OR 2 years’ experience in a relevant role and successful completion of our aptitude test
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
For more information, please visit the UK ENIC website.
39.5hrs a week.
- Flexible working hours
- Great quality coffee (we are serious about coffee)
- An extra day of holiday for your birthday
- Ergonomic office chairs
- Discount on refurbished Macs scheme
- Structured onboarding with access to all our online training
- But most importantly, you have the chance to be part of a team that genuinely cares about you and your happiness at work.
- Opportunity to earn more holiday with years served
This role will set you up for a career in software development. Employment within the company after successful completion of the apprenticeship may be offered.
Our apprenticeships are the perfect way to gain new skills, earn while you learn, and launch yourself into an exciting future. With over 30,000 successful apprenticeship graduates, we're a top 50 training provider, dedicated to helping you succeed.