Graduate Corporate Credit Analyst, London
40,000 - 50,000 + Package
Private Corporate Debt and SME Lending
The analyst will primarily focus on the ongoing management and surveillance of the Corporate and SME loan portfolios (secured and unsecured) of our clients, ensuring compliance with policies, procedures and delivery within the relevant Service Level Agreements.
Key requirement is the ongoing and regular monitoring of the loan portfolio via i.a. periodic management information, other financial information provided by the borrower, covenant performance information, but also via communication with the borrowers, including regular face-to-face meetings.
The analyst has to manage multiple deliverables, meet pre-agreed deadlines and deliver a consistent high quality of service to clients, both internal and external, whilst adhering to policies and procedures.
Meeting commitments and deadlines, working independently, taking accountability, staying focused under pressure as well as showing the ability to adjust plans to meet changing needs.
- Portfolio Monitoring and Analysis
- Review of Management Information, monitoring of financial covenants as well as ongoing review of borrowers' e.g. cash position and working capital headroom, pipeline of contracts, aged debtors and creditors, other key performance indicators which are appropriate to monitor.
- Ensure timely covenant tracking with adequate recording in relevant system.
- Review of cash flow projections and business plans.
- Preparation of robust and concise internal credit papers (credit review, waivers/amendments) according to agreed formats and in a timely manner for review by line manager to obtain relevant client approvals during loan life.
- Review of legal documentation (incl. the facility agreements, any amendments, any subordination agreements and any reservations of rights letters).
- Review of the borrower's corporate structure (incl. shareholding, identity and role of directors, debt structure and other liabilities (incl. any debentures, guarantees etc. .
- Review of security (incl. any guarantees) and related documentation (incl. any subordination agreements).
- Lead the negotiation for any kind of waiver requests, early repayments and restructurings of payment schedules with borrowers and clients.
- Preparation of watch-list reports incl. forward looking credit risk assessment, discussing trends and challenges of individual borrowers, provide advice regarding possible resolutions or exit strategies.
- Maintain electronic credit files for respective deals, ensuring key documents have been saved before submission of approval requests (in accordance with client's guidelines and naming conventions).
- Ensure timely closure of conditions/tasks.
- Advise client in regular portfolio review meetings on portfolio performance, trends, key risk, etc.
- Contribute to regular and ad hoc reporting requests from Mount Street management, the client and its auditors on the portfolio, the sector and the specific deals.
- Hold a relevant University degree
- Experience in a relevant field such as corporate credit, risk or portfolio management
- Background in and knowledge of credit risk drivers and risks inherent in the respective borrower industry sectors
- Proven ability to analyse SME and Corporate financial statements and provide concise and forward-looking assessment of potential credit risks
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.