VolkerWessels UK is a market leading contracting group of five closely linked businesses.
We provide integrated and ground-breaking solutions for the civil engineering and construction sectors, with specialisms in rail, highways, airports, marine, defence, energy, water, and environmental infrastructure.
We have a great opportunity for a Learning and Development Apprentice to join our L&D team in Hoddesdon. The L&D team are responsible for making the majority of Learning and Development activity that takes place across all our business units. This ranges from internally provided events to senior level, certificated leadership programmes and everything in between - including making sure that people can find the resources they need to support them at the time they need them.
This is a varied role and no two days are the same, but you can expect to be involved in the following:
- Organising learning events, including all supporting resources e.g. catering, equipment etc. This may include being available before a training course begins to set up the room and again at the end of the day.
- Carrying out post-event activity such as processing invoices and recharging where appropriate.
- Monitoring and actioning email requests/enquiries that come through to the central L&D email inbox
- Maintaining the learning catalogue to ensure it is easy for the learner to use.
- Maintaining accurate training records on the Learning Management System.
- Creating, executing and scheduling a range of reports designed to inform business decision making
- Contributing to the creation and maintenance of annual training plans.
- Providing practical support during the annual review (appraisal) process.
Helping learners to identify potential solutions to their specific needs, in conjunction with their managers
If your past experience doesn't match perfectly with every requirement of the job description, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for us.
Why work with us?
VolkerWessels UK operate through five separate, but complementary businesses, working in collaboration and using our specialist skills to deliver an integrated service for our clients. At any one time, our people are working on our sites or in our offices, for around 250 projects across the UK. Everyday we overcome challenges, fulfilling our commitments, no matter what. That's what our business is about, that's how our people find satisfaction in their jobs.
We offer competitive rewards and benefits, recognising the value we place on our employees.
We offer a range of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary
- Competitive annual leave and an additional day off on your birthday
- Private medical care
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Shopping and restaurants vouchers, rewards, and discounts
- Training and development opportunities-comprehensive skills-based training
- Family friendly polices including enhanced maternity benefits
- Employee Assistance programme
- Mental health, physical health, and financial support
- 24/7 Virtual GP service
Fairness, inclusion and respect
We believe in pushing boundaries in the pursuit of fairness, inclusion and respect. So, our teams can be comfortable that, whatever their background, VolkerWessels UK is a place where they can be themselves and thrive.
If you need support with your application, please contact us at
Note for Recruitment Agencies:
Our preference is to hire directly, and we will reach out to our Preferred Supplier List (PSL) agencies if this particular role qualifies for release.
We kindly request that you refrain from sending speculative CVs. In the event of speculative CV submissions, no fees will be applicable, and we kindly ask that all inquiries to be directed
VolkerWessels UK is committed to maintaining healthy, safe and productive working conditions for its
entire staff and therefore a drugs & alcohol screening is mandatory for all.