Management Information Team Apprenticeship
Do you want expert training, a chance to earn while you learn, and a lifetime of possibilities?
When joining the Department for Transport (DfTc) as an apprentice you get more than just an education, you will gain skills that can set you up for life. We invest a lot in our apprentices because we want you to be the future of our business.
This apprenticeship is your opportunity to join Rail Corporate Centre (RCC). It is a new team sitting at the heart of Rail Group. Our aim is to be a visible enabler helping improve delivery across the whole of the Group. We are a dynamic team who work collaboratively with our colleagues to provide a coherent picture of all our work in rail.
The successful candidate would be working across two areas: (1) the Management Information team; and (2) Business Support for the wider team. The first area of the role requires the individual to support delivery of reporting of programmes and projects across Rail for the SLT to ensure successful delivery of a strategically aligned Rail Portfolio.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Researching and updating the delivery key strategic delivery milestones and decision points across the Rail portfolio and reporting these on a monthly basis to Rail Board
- Support team in identifying cross cutting trends, risks and issues across Rail Group by using the Management Information system;
- Analyse Management Information to ensure compliance and active management of Key Performance Indicators and Risks by the lead teams
- Support the team with its risk management work, helping ensure that we are improving the way we identify and manage risks and Develop and own knowledge management processes across Rail
The second area, as Business Support, will require the successful individual to:
- Provide support across the team to ensure that we have robust systems and processes to increase the efficiency of the team
- Manage the Deputy Director's inbox and cascade information / actions where required
- Provide cover and support for the Director General's office when required and other administrative tasks as required
We are looking for individuals who can take notes, write documents such as reports using Word, spreadsheets on Excel and correspond effectively by email and over the telephone.
An interest in how policy is developed, how decisions are made, and how wider government functions would be beneficial.
An ability to work as both part of a team but also independently and show initiative is important, as is having confidence to seek assistance when required.
You will be supported in your development to meet the full requirements of the role by undertaking a Level 4 Business Administration apprenticeship. You will also benefit from support and development from your team.Requirements and prospects Desired skills
We'll assess you against these competencies during the selection process:
- Making effective decisions
- Collaborating and partnering
- Managing a quality service
- Building capability for all
- Desire to learn
Priority will be given to civil servants who are surplus.
Please refer to the Civil Service Jobs website for information on desired qualifications.Future prospects Successful candidates may be offered a full time postion after competion of the Apprenticeship. Things to consider From 1st October 2016 The National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.40 per hour. From April 2017 this rises to £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.