FAAS Finance Placements Associate Director page is loaded FAAS Finance Placements Associate Director Apply locations Reading time type Full time posted on Posted Yesterday job requisition id R More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals
Our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team helps our clients overcome significant challenges, where there could be a potential knowledge/skillset gap or lack of resource. We work directly with Finance teams to help them deliver business critical projects. These can range from more simple issues e.g. year end accounting to working with firms going through more complex issues e.g. IPOs and M&A.
The FAAS team sits within our Advisory (Deals & Business Consulting) division and work closely with a range of clients across different industry sectors.
If you are looking to work on an exciting range of projects, then this could be the team for you.
We're happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, we'll support you to balance your work and life.
A look into the role
As an Associate Director within our team , you will:
- play a key role in driving departmental activity out of the Reading office
- proactively build your internal and external network to promote the service line and generate leads
- grow and develop strong client relationships
- become responsible for the full client lifecycle relating to our Finance Placements offering this includes; sourcing, scoping and managing opportunities and ongoing client engagements
- lead the day-to-day management of finance placements providing oversight and support to the team
- manage risk on behalf of the firm in relation to client engagements
- contribute to the wider department by playing an active role in our people agenda through coaching and nurturing talent. driving quality and operational excellence
Knowing you're right for us
Joining us as an Associate Director, it would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don't worry if you don't tick every box, we'll help you develop along the way.
- Ideally you will be fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/equivalent) and be passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential.
- Ideally you will have gained your experience in a practice environment e.g. External Audit, however it would be beneficial if you also have some industry experience.
- You will need to have excellent project management skills and be able to work well within a team.
- You will have a track record in growing and nurturing relationships
- You will have strong stakeholder management skills for building strong internal and external networks
- You will have a passion for the industry, staying up to date with key industry changes and ensuring that knowledge remains current
Knowing we're right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you'll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That's why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you're with outside of work matter, that's why we're happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we'll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you'll be giving back to society. It's that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We're looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what's right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It's how it should be.
The things you do, and the people you're with outside of work matter, that's why we're happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we'll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance. Whether that's working reduced contracted hours, working your hours over a shorter period or utilising our 'how we work' framework. Everyone has an immediate right to request a flexible arrangement through our flexible working policy. Read more about our approach to flexible working.