We are excited to offer a Business Administration Apprenticeship the opportunity to work in a team whose job it is to improve the clinical care of patients at Birmingham Women's & Children's Hospital.
This is a great opportunity to develop business administration skills as part of an 18 month apprenticeship in conjunction with Sandwell College.
This administrative role is key in supporting the Patient Safety Team to produce innovative clinical solutions to solve problems that we encounter. If you are a proactive, enthusiastic individual who would like to add something truly unique to your CV then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
You will be employed on an 18 month fixed term contract working 37.5 hours per week. Time will be given to support training and development required for the role. You will also benefit from;
- A dedicated team who will support you as you work towards your Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship
- Opportunities to participate in different experiences within the workplace as part of your professional development
- A generous annual leave entitlement of 27 days plus bank holidays.
- Eligibility for a range of NHS discounts at various high street retailers
If you are ambitious, well organised and excited about starting a career in the NHS, we welcome your application. This is a fantastic opportunity for enthusiastic people to begin a journey which will provide an exciting and fulfilling career pathway.Main duties of the job
The Patient Safety Team work to improve the safety of clinical care to patients at Birmingham Women's and Children's Hospital. This role will provide administrative support to this work including diary management, recording and monitoring actions from meetings, project planning / coordination etc.
You will develop strong organisational and administrative skills to ensure the progression of key Patient Safety projects and initiatives. You will develop skills such as creating presentations, collecting, analysing, and inputting data, taking telephone enquiries, liaising with staff and external partners through a variety of communication channels.
Roles and responsibilities include;
- Acting as the first point of contact into the Clinical Safety Team.
- Managing diaries.
- Organising meetings, including room bookings, issuing calendar invites to attendees, recording and disseminating minutes and actions of meetings etc.
- Support clinical projects led by the Patient Safety Team including the development of project plans, monitoring and updating actions plans.
- Inputting data on to spreadsheets / databases.
- Any other duties deemed suitable for the role.
The Business Administration Apprenticeship - level 3 is delivered by Sandwell College. The course will allow you to build a foundation of skills in administration and business.On successful completion of the course you will achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Standard in Business Administration
Our team works across all of our services and this role will include working across our multiple sites in Birmingham.
Birmingham Women's and Children's NHS Foundation Trust is the first of its type in the UK, committed to providing the highest quality, world-class care for our women, children and families.
Birmingham Children's Hospital is a UK leading specialist paediatric centre with an international reputation in several areas.
Birmingham Women's Hospital is one of two dedicated women's hospitals in the UK, with the busiest single site maternity unit, delivering more than 8,200 babies a year and offering a full range of gynaecological, maternity and neonatal care.
Forward Thinking Birmingham (FTB) Mental Health Services are a unique, innovative community and inpatient mental health partnership. FTB offers care pathways for young people aged 0-25 years old.
Our Trust is committed to creating the best place to work. We believe in promoting and enhancing inclusion, diversity and equality and encourage applications from all areas of the community, who meet the criteria for the role, regardless of age, gender identity, disability, race, religion or sexual orientation.Date posted
05 December 2023Pay scheme
£5.28 an hour per hour Contract
18 monthsWorking pattern
Full-time Reference number
Birmingham Children's Hopsital
Steel House Lane