What you will do in your working day
You'll be making a sustainable difference in people's lives, shaping cities, reimagining transport and transforming nuclear energ. and with the opportunity to work across Cities & Development, Nuclear & Power, Transportation, Water or Environment, you'll decide where you want your career to go.
Here's what your role as an apprentice will involve:
The training you will be getting
- Developing your skills in a wide range of exciting projects
- Learning and using relevant design software
- Being involved in client meetings and assisting in building key client relationships
- You'll get to understand and learn digital skills, to help us harness technology in new ways
- Your mentors will support you as you study towards nationally recognised qualifications and accreditation
- You'll have dedicated time to spend at college or university to focus on your studies
This Degree Apprenticeship programme is designed for those wishing to enhance their career through engaging in a work based learning programme providing opportunities to develop your understanding of the Project Management subject discipline and capitalise on opportunities for applied learning within the context of your employment.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Qualifications-Successful apprentices will gain a BSc or BEng building services degree which is accredited by the relevant professional engineering institution.
- Recognising you are busy working professionals, this Degree Apprenticeship will be delivered in flexible delivery modes. This will include a mix of taught workshop sessions in block mode supported by blended learning activities, which can be completed at home, or in the workplace
- Apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end-point assessment
Alongside developing your capabilities in the areas of the Project Management discipline, the programme will also develop you as a thorough professional and as such throughout the programme you will engage in a range of modules designed to develop your competences in areas such as Programme Portfolio & Project Management, Project Planning & Management, Project Change Control & Quality Management, Governance and Financial Control of Projects, Business Strategy for Project Professionals and Procurement and Contract Management.
Overall, the relevance and richness of the programme has been ensured by identifying employer needs and opinions. You will develop transferable/key skills throughout the programme, including:
- Ethical, social, legal and security awareness and data and information analyses
- Communicating ideas in written and oral forms
- The use of appropriate IT tools relevant to project management
- Project management
- Problem solving abilities
- Enhanced research skills enabling students to progress, if desired, to an academic or research orientated career
- Independent learning skills enabling students to take responsibility for their own continued and sustainable professional development
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative Qualifications
A Level or equivalent Mathematics and Physical Science (Grade three A levels at Grades A) Essential