What you will do in your working day
Logistics is more than getting the product from A to B. At DHL Supply Chain we combine management and value-added services with our customised, integrated logistics solutions which drive resilience, and efficiency, improve quality, and create competitive advantage. Our Data Teams assist the operational and Functional Teams in creating meaningful data which allows informed decisions to be made to ensure we are operating with financial and KPI agreed terms
WHATKIND OF WORK WILL I DO?
Working within our Global Digital Manufacturing Team, you will work with a team of highly motivated and passionate Engineers, working on the below and many more
The training you will be getting
- Designing components
- 3D printing parts / fabricating parts
- Assembling machine
- Programming robots
- Site maintenance, Workshop Maintenance & Housekeeping
During the 60-month apprenticeship you will study at the University of Warwick, working towards achieving The Electro-mechanical Engineering Degree Level 6 Apprenticeship a Degree in BEng, completing the below:
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Mathematics: the mathematical techniques and methods required to model mechanical and electrical systems: algebra, calculus, geometry, trigonometry, and statistics.
- Engineering design: the creative design process including defining the problem, creating ideas, and testing the solution using tools to underpin the process
- Systems design: the system lifecycle from concept to disposal; requirements validation and verification; architecture definition, sub-system design and testing; integration; design for supportability/maintainability; functional safety, cyber vulnerability, and secure data handling. Back to Duty
- Mechanics: the fundamental laws of static and dynamic classical mechanics and their application to mechanical systems.
- Structures: analysis and modeling.
We want Apprentices to build their careers and we will actively encourage you to further your knowledge through further apprenticeships and in house training. Apprentices can contribute their ideas to influence the success of our business and be a part of an organization that makes an impact to society as well as to the world of logistics. After your programme you will transition into the Alumni community to continue the growth of your career.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade Grade C and above/4-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade C and above/4-9) Essential
A Level or equivalent A (Grade Any) Essential
A Level or equivalent Mathematics (Grade A) Essential
A Level or equivalent Physics (Grade A) Essential