What you will do in your working day
Alongside our experienced engineers and construction professionals, you will learn the following tasks throughout your apprenticeship:
The training you will be getting
- Surveying the site and setting out for the construction operatives
- Checking the quality of construction operatives' work
- Producing permits such as permits to excavate, or vegetation clearance permits
- Managing daily diary of site activities and attending morning shift briefings
- Developing practical understanding of the importance of health and safety and the environmental requirements involved in civil engineering
Funding and support to help you achieve a Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship in Civil Engineering at the University or East London.What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
You will be part of a well-established organisation built on strong purpose and values. We want you to do well and will support you to have a meaningful career beyond the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent x 5 including Maths & English grade 4 and above (Grade 9 - 4) Essential
A Level or equivalent 3 x A Levels including Maths or Physics (Grade A*-C) Essential Things to consider
This role is site based - you will be working outdoors, as well as in the site office on one of our busy construction sites in Acton, London, therefore, you will need to enjoy working outdoors in all weathers.