What you will do in your working day
Key responsibilities will include:
· Assisting in processing and checking of daily payments
· Responsibility for reconciling and revaluing certain intercompany accounts
· Responsibility for updating and reconciling certain cashbooks/bank accounts
· Responsibility for reconciling certain balance sheet accounts
· Assisting in the preparation and review of quarterly and annual consolidated financial accounts for the group including preparation of statutory notes and disclosures
· Assisting in the preparation of certain parts of the group quarterly commentary
· Assisting in the preparation and review of accounts for some centrally maintained companies
· Accounts payable and expenses payments checking
· Assisting the financial accounts team on ad hoc tasks as required eg. annual summary of financial controls responses from subsidiaries/branches
· Assisting in monitoring compliance with financial controls and policies across the group and informing subsidiary entities or branch offices of new requirements and helping to implement them.
The training you will be getting
You will attend university in person or online 1 day a week to work towards your qualification.
Completion of the Accountancy or taxation professional apprenticeship will result in eligibility to apply for membership of one or more of the UK professional Bodies below, subject to meeting the requirements expected by the regulator and/or the relevant regulations where chartered status is involved.
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA)
The Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Upon completing this apprentice there is the possibility to move onto a higher or degree level apprenticeship within Mott Macdonald or to continue your employment as a permanent member of the team.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Logical
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4 or C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or C) Essential
A Level or equivalent Maths (Grade C or above) Desired