What you will do in your working day
The training you will be getting
- Year 1: For the first 3 months, you will work as a Store Colleague, familiarising yourself with our store operations before stepping up in month 4 as a "Section Manager in Training".
- Year 2: Section Manager, you'll motivate your Section Leaders and Colleagues to deliver the best standards across your section, maximising availability and driving sales. You'll have an eye for detail, maintaining shop floor standards and coaching your team to do the same.
- Year 3: Trading Manager, this is your chance to hone your leadership skills by managing a team of managers.
- Year 4: Express Store Manager -Through a blend of hands-on experience, academic-learning and excellent training, you should now be on track to take on this managerial position.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Achieve a BA (Hons) Business Management Professional and CMI status at Manchester Metropolitan University.
- In person training at Manchester Metropolitan University- block release throughout the 4 years.
- Store regions: Gloucester, Kent, Liverpool, South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire
At the end, you should be on track to graduate from University AND pick up the keys to one of our new Express stores or step up to Operations Manager in one of our superstores.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Team working, Initiative, Patience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4 or above or equivalent) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any (Grade B/C/C or equivalent) Essential