What you will do in your working day
Your placements could include:
The training you will be getting
- Supply Chain:This is a very large and very important function within the business. It covers inbound supply of components all the way through to delivery of products to our customers. From suppliers receiving purchase orders, to the business receiving the components through to having a finished product produced, packed, and distributed from our warehouse. Some areas within the Supply Chain that you would experience are (but not limited to) Purchasing, Material Control, Value Engineering, Logistics, Warehouse and Quality.
- Marketing:In the marketing rotation you will be part of a high-performing team that manages all aspects of the marketing mix for a market-leading brand. In a highly varied placement, you could participate in one of the many digital projects across the business, develop and launch a new product, work with Mira's wide customer base to understand exactly the right products for their customer and how a top UK brand measures, manages and communicates with its consumer and installer audiences.
- Customer Service: In Mira Service, you will have insight into the true voice of our end customers. In this rotation, you will gain an understanding of all aspects of the Service function: customer care, field service and planning and administration. In this placement you will be a champion for delighting the end customer, with projects in (but not limited to): new service introductions, supporting digital transformation and enhancing the customer service journey.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- In order to develop relevant and transferable skills, you will be enrolled onto a Level 4 Project Management apprenticeship*, which will support you as you grow in your role.
- Functionals skills if required.
- The placements you complete will give you a broad view of the business and help identify your strengths, with the support of a designated placement mentor.
Personal and professional development is at the heart of a career at Kohler Mira.
Regular time for self-reflection and review, and one to ones with your manager will be in place to support you.
You will also be able to access, and utilise, our comprehensive associate training courses and materials.
This will support you to regularly review your strengths and areas for development, and for two-way feedback.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative Qualifications
A Level or equivalent Business (Grade Pass or above) Desired Things to consider
Your application should include both a CV outlining any relevant qualifications, skills and achievements and a personal statement outlining why you would like a Apprenticeship with Kohler Mira (max. 400 words). If your application is successful at stage 1, the next step will be to attend a mandatory assessment centre on Thursday 7th March 2024.