What you will do in your working day
The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive training, while in full-time employment.
What will I be doing? The broad purpose of the occupation is to methodically and accurately inspect and assess all elements of a motor vehicle that has sustained damage and requires repair. They will be able to identify and record damage on a vehicle and determine (using prescribed information from manufacturers) which parts of the vehicle should be repaired or replaced.
- Appraise a damaged vehicle and identify and record damage, including impact zone and severity
- Identify non-accidental damage to vehicles
- Make use of manual and digital image technology to record areas of damage identified
- Accurately record data from the vehicle including the correct vehicle identification and model details, mileage and modifications
- Differentiate between items that need repairing and items that need replacement
Where could the course take me?
The training you will be getting
- Advanced apprenticeship to further improve your knowledge and skills
- Career in the motor vehicle industry
- Vehicle Damage Assessor Level 4
- Apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the End-Point Assessment
For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement, the apprenticeship's English and maths minimum requirement is Entry Level 3. A British Sign Language (BSL) qualification is an alternative to the English qualification for those whose primary language is BSL.What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the role holder will progress to full-time employment with the company.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential