What you will do in your working day
The training you will be getting
- Prioritise maintaining high standards in product quality assurance.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner to comprehensively document requirements, enabling the engineering team to develop a high-quality product.
- Develop new test scripts and ensure existing ones are regularly updated to reflect current product specifications.
- Assist the wider team in conducting regression testing for new releases, focusing on areas not covered by automated tests.
- Actively contribute and participate in daily stand-ups and other team meetings.
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we've purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Software Tester, with training in how to:
- Ensure that the software used within your business operates as intended.
- Design and prepare test plans and conduct software testing as appropriate to ensure your software is fit for purpose.
- Collect and interpret the results of testing and make appropriate recommendations.
- Understand the software lifecycle and apply software development practices.
- Document and report test results.
- Store, manage and share test data in a secure manner.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/software-testerWhat to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Team working, Creative, Efficient with your work, Able to meet deadlines, Willingness to learn, Motivated Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential