What you will do in your working day
The training you will be getting
- Being a Procurement professional means understanding the strategy of our businesses, working in a Global environment, conducting complex negotiations, co-ordinating multidisciplinary internal teams and working with external companies to improve their performance to us
- The skills and experience you will acquire in the function are readily transferable, offering a wide variety of career opportunities both inside the function and with the many others with which we interface on a daily basis
- No wonder one of our current Early Careers Members described the Procurement function in five words: "challenging, dynamic, complex, strategic, teamwork" and concluded that "no two days are the same"
- You'll be joining a world class procurement function that achieved 'Advanced Platinum' Certification status by the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply back in 2018. The work involved is Diverse, Cross Functional and you will have an opportunity to collaborate with many other areas of the business
- Through our apprenticeship you'll be making the most of your talents, getting to understand procurement from the ground up, and doing so with the help of one of the biggest and best names in the industry
This is a 3 year programme which combines core business skills, with bespoke procurement training. In Year 1 you will enrol onto a Level 3 Business Admin Apprenticeship, delivered over 12 months with The Apprentice Academy. This will provide you with a broad base of business skills to support your transition into the company.
In Year 2 and Year 3 you will progress onto a Level 4 Procurement and Supply Apprenticeship, working towards the industry recognised Level 4 CIPS Certificate. At the end of the programme learners will transition into a permanent role within the procurement function and will have the opportunity to discuss progression onto the Level 5 and Level 6 CIPS Certificates. This is a fantastic opportunity to start your career in procurement, with scope for continued growth and progression. What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
At the end of the programme learners will transition into a permanent role within the procurement function and will have the opportunity to discuss progression onto the Level 5 and Level 6 CIPS Certificates. This is a fantastic opportunity to start your career in procurement, with scope for continued growth and progression.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Administrative skills, Team working Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent 5 GCSE's including Maths and English (Grade A-C (4-9)) Essential
A Level or equivalent 2 A Levels (Grade A-C) Essential