What you will do in your working day
The software development programme might see you create the NOW TV interface, develop capabilities for our front-end platforms or become a full stack developer for our search and recommendations team.
You'll learn a lot on this 18-month programme. After your 12-week boot camp, you'll be familiar with the major software engineering principles, Java development, test-driven development, continuous build, and integration. With our mentorship, you'll put your newly acquired skills into practice on live projects, before moving into a delivery team where you will continue your career as an Associate Software Developer.
On this programme you'll ensure software is delivered to an excellent standard within a lively agile team, where quality is the highest priority. This could include:
The training you will be getting
- Deliver and support the development of our software products
- Team up with software professionals to create high-quality, testable products designed to engage our customers
- Produce software through iteration using Agile delivery principles.
Software Developer Level 4 qualification - Full details of training to be confirmed.
Overview: Apprentices will be equipped with the foundational technical and durable skills they'll need to be successful in agile environments, aligned with the technologies and frameworks most relevant to their role. Gain hand-on experience applying in-demand technical skills, transform from software enthusiasts into junior software engineers, able to design, develop, test, and deploy full-stack applications.
The training provider for this programme is Multiverse. As a Multiverse apprentice you'll have access to exciting social events, extra training from great companies and your own personal coach who will support and guide you through your qualification.What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Apprentices will roll into a permanent position.
- Be Brilliant - How? We give you freedom. Support. The chance to try things your way - forging your ideal career path or developing something totally new. It means you can do more. Make an impact. Get noticed. And it means with the right attitude, anything's possible.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
IT skills, Team working, A quick learner, Passionate about technology, Curiosity in programming, Aware of Agile methodologies Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Minimum of five including Maths and English (Grade A*-C or equivalent grades 9-4) Essential