What you will do in your working day
This role is pivotal in aiding the Quality Advisor to achieve project excellence. The Apprentice Quality Advisor will be deeply involved in the intricacies of quality management, playing a crucial role in upholding and advancing our commitment to unparalleled standards.
The training you will be getting
- Inspection and Test Plan Review Mastery: Develop expertise in scrutinizing Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs) crafted by our engineers, suppliers, and subcontractors. This involves ensuring a thorough understanding and alignment with client requirements and our internal quality benchmarks.
- Audit Support: Play a supporting role in conducting comprehensive audits across various project facets, ensuring all aspects adhere to our rigorous quality standards. Learning to audit is a key skill and will lead to becoming a Qualified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor.
- Documentation and Handover Excellence: Ensure meticulous compilation and management of handover records, contributing to seamless project transitions and clear documentation trails.
- Non-Conformance Management: Acquire skills in identifying, analysing, and resolving non-conformances. This includes implementing corrective actions and strategies to prevent future occurrences, thereby contributing to continuous improvement.
- Quality Culture Advocacy: Assist in fostering a culture of quality within the site team. This includes educating on best practices, correct processes, and necessary documentation, ensuring adherence to our high standards.
- Data Compilation and Reporting: Aid in gathering and assembling Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and preparing comprehensive monthly reports, providing insights into project performance and areas for improvement.
- Candidate Profile: We are looking for a proactive, detail-oriented individual who is eager to learn and contribute to our quality assurance endeavours. A commitment to excellence, the ability to work collaboratively, and strong analytical skills are essential for success in this role.
As part of this apprenticeship, you will follow the Quality Practitioner Level 4 apprenticeship standard which takes up to 18 months to complete. For this apprenticeship you will be based in our Stonecross Office, 1 Bridge Court, Yew Tree Road, Stonecross Business Park, Golborne, Warrington, WA3 3JD.What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
You will have a permanent position at Murphy with further opportunity to develop your career.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Team working Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4 or above (A*-C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or above (A*-C)) Essential