What you will do in your working day
The training you will be getting
- Creating/editing web pages to suit a design, using HTML and CSS.
- Using React to build interactivity into a web page.
- Creating responsive web pages.
- Proactively looking for and resolve user-facing bugs.
- Defining types of data structures using TypeScript.
- Managing the codebase using Git and GitHub.
- Functional testing new features.
- Following agile scrum practices.
- Using browser developer tools to test code & diagnose issues.
- Communicating and collaborating with stakeholders and team members.
- Being able to solve problems in a logical way.
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we've purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Software Developer, with training in how to:
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Create logical and maintainable codes for software development.
- Apply security best practice to the software solution throughout the software development life cycle.
- Apply appropriate recovery techniques to ensure the software solution being developed is not lost.
- Implement accurate and effective change control.
- Undertake unit testing of solutions, with appropriate levels of test code coverage, to identify and resolve issues.
- Apply suitable 'bug fixes' based on severity and priority.
- Blended on/off the job training and location to be confirmed.
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential Things to consider
Understanding of version control and usage of Git.