Our client is renowned for providing outstanding food services, corporate catering, hotelkeeping and facilities management services, onshore and offshore.
They are now seeking an apprentice to provide support to the clinical team within the Aberdeen clinic.
- Deal with general enquires, explain procedures and make appointments
- Answer and direct incoming calls as appropriate
- Manage all medical appointments, consultations and documentation on the clinical database
- Ensure efficient and accurate registration of patients
- Ensure certificates are completed from appointments and issued efficiently and timely
- Send electronic questionnaires to patients ahead of an appointment
- Participate in the triage process for management referrals and remote based appointments
- Scan all medical records on to the system and ensure they are correctly saved
- Format typed reports from the clinical staff and issued in line with administrative procedure and
- patient consent
- Obtain purchase orders from clients
- Active case management for outstanding GP/specialist reports
- Carry out administrative audits, as directed by the Administration Manager/Supervisor
- Assist with the collation of monthly reports for clients
- Provide logistical support to IMM Medics including the arrangement of any travel and accommodation
- Good communications skills
- Good time management
- Good team player
- Previous experience in occupational health administration an advantage but not mandatory
£18,000 per annum
35 hour per week, either 8:30am – 4:30pm or 9am – 5pm depending on the needs of the clinic. 1 hour unpaid lunch break.
- Lots of career progression opportunities into various different fields, including HR and Finance
- 28 days holiday (inc public holidays) rising to 33 after 2 years continuous service
- Life assurance after 6 months continuous service
- NEST pension
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
This vocational apprenticeship comprehensively supports your specific job role with this particular employer. Throughout your learning journey, you are fully supported by your dedicated QA skills coach and your mentor at work. They ensure you settle in, help you develop all the skills you need to be successful in your job role and pass your assessments, and can provide one to one support.
Starting with insights into your current potential, they plan your growth in a programmatic way, close skills gaps with immersive training and ensure what you learn is applicable to what you do. They talk you through the specifics on the qualifications you gain and how they align in particular to your day to day role.
On completion, as well as the valuable work experience you have gained, you get a nationally recognised qualification at SCQF Level 6.
If you are interested in starting your career and receiving a work based qualification at the same time APPLY NOW!