Graduate SEN Teaching Assistant
Location: Birmingham, (B15)
PayScale: 85 - 100 per day
Duration: Temporary to Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Q:Are you a recent University Graduate?
Q:Are you seeking to gain experience working in an educational environment?
Q:Are you passionate about supporting children with Special Educational Needs?
About the role:
Take your first steps in the education and training industry this term, with this fantastic opportunity for a recent University graduate to work as a Graduate SEN Teaching Assistant at a wonderful, inclusive SEN school in Birmingham. The school are seeking a passionate University graduate to work 1:1 with pupils with special educational needs ranging from 11-16 years old. This is a full-time role and would be a great opportunity for graduates looking to gain experience within the classroom and working with special educational needs.
As a Graduate TA you will:
- Provide additional support to students with additional needs on a 1:1 basis as well as within the classroom environment and smaller groups.
- Help students to engage in their lessons and learning and encouraging interaction.
- Support children with reading, writing and their work.
- Keep track of pupil's progress and liaising with the class teacher and school SENCO to update on progress.
- Support the class teacher with the delivery of lessons.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Recently graduated from university
- Be able to quickly build relationships with students and staff.
- Enhanced DBS Certificate (within 1 year or on the update service) or be willing to apply and pay for one.
- 2 X Refs
- Right to work in the UK
This is a fantastic opportunity for graduates to begin their journey in the field of SEN education. The school benefits from excellent resources and a brilliant team that pull together to create the best outcomes for their children. Parents and Carers feedback is excellent, and children enjoy an enriched curriculum tailored to their needs.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then please submit your CV via the application page or contact Matt directly at LTF Recruitment!