Who you’ll be working for:
Our client is a multi-award winning, family-owned group of hotels in the West of Scotland. Renowned for providing an exceptional customer experience regardless of the purpose of a visit we are looking to expand our team due to continued growth.
The IT team is currently expanding and are looking for an apprentice to join where they will have the opportunity to be exposed to a variety of duties. This amazing opportunity has become available for a confident and personable individual to join our client as their IT Support Apprentice.
- Support 100+ Windows and 8+ Apple computers across eight sites providing both hardware and software support
- First-line support answering IT helpdesk calls and responding to requests via the online ticket system
- Use MDM and asset management software to catalogue company devices
- Perform account management for various business services
- Administrate Windows Servers for each site
- Participate in the out-of-hours on-call support rota
- Travel to sites in the event a problem cannot be resolved remotely
- Assist with the installation of new networks (termination and cable draws)
- Configuration of network devices (pfSense, Unifi, TP-Link)
What we are looking for:
- A passion or general interest in IT and computers is essential
- At least 1 year experience in a similar role
- You will be a strong communicator and able to manage your time effectively
- Any computing-related degree or professional qualification (SCQF Level 6) would be highly beneficial
- A full UK driving license (travel to client sites is required as part of the role)
£24,000 - £26,000 per annum (depending on previous experience)
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9am – 5:30pm, 1 hour lunch break
- Excellent training internally and externally
- Performance based salary increases
- Staff nights out
- 29 days holidays
- A fantastic working culture which promotes excellent work/life balance
- The opportunity to develop, progress and work within an organisation which is growing
- Company pension
90% of QA apprentices secure permanent employment after completing: this is 20% higher than the national average.
This vocational apprenticeship comprehensively supports your specific job role with this particular employer. Throughout your learning journey, you are fully supported by your dedicated QA skills coach and your mentor at work. They ensure you settle in, help you develop all the skills you need to be successful in your job role and pass your assessments, and can provide one to one support.
Starting with insights into your current potential, they plan your growth in a programmatic way, close skills gaps with immersive training and ensure what you learn is applicable to what you do. They talk you through the specifics on the qualifications you gain and how they align in particular to your day to day role.
On completion, as well as the valuable work experience you have gained, you get a nationally recognised qualification at SCQF Level 8.
If you are interested in starting your career and receiving a work based qualification at the same time APPLY NOW!