Are you looking to build a long-term career in Accountancy? Then look no further! Start your career today with a level 7 ACCA apprenticeship with BMW UK and Kaplan. You will be gaining valuable workplace experience including recording finance month and year end processes and preparation and delivery of financial planning for overhead expenses.
- Support process of timely and accurate preparation and delivery of financial planning for overhead expenses and headcount for BMW UK and Ireland
- Support with headcount data entry and analysis for BMW UK Group
- Participate in the Finance month and year end processes to ensure timely and accurate recording of entries in financial and management accounting systems
- Perform regular reviews of cost centre master data and requistioner access in the SAP Finance system to ensure that information is correct and up to date
- Support with Finance projects: this can include identifying potential projects (within team or across wider Finance function), providing expertise to on-going projects, and taking ownership of projects from end-to-end. In particular, focusing on the areas of process improvement and simplification
- Ensure policy adherence, tracking of costs and reporting for corporate memberships and donations in BMW UK Group Support evaluation of business cases to enable decisions to be made based on high quality information and analysis
- Support the provision of information as required to internal and external auditors to ensure the accuracy of financial statements
- Prepare reports and presentations for Management, including month end reporting packs
- Additional ad-hoc requirements as directed by the Finance Management
- Team Purpose and subject of interaction with internal / external customers and key contacts
- Liaise with different teams within Finance function and support with various tasks
- Regular contact with other departments to support with BAU business queries, including policy/process guidance
- Prepare schedules for external auditors
- Contact with BMW Headquarters on accounting and controlling topics
- Challenges with regard to innovation and change
- Help develop new reports and presentations to explain financial topics Use new tools to perform Financial Analysis
- Degree grade 2:1 ideally in business or accountancy but not essential
- A levels or equivalent grade A-C
- GCSEs grade 9/A*-4/C
- Ideally a person who is adaptable, able to operate in a busy and demanding environment and able to manage their own time effectively.
- The candidate must be capable of working to structured deadlines and have a good attention to detail to ensure accuracy.
- An interest in politics and economics would be useful.
- A desire to learn more about the financial markets and how a business is funded.
- A strong desire and aptitude to learn new skills.
- Some work experience, preferably in finance or accountancy but not essential.
- Must have an aptitude for numbers and enjoy detailed work with numbers in spreadsheets.
- Have the capability to draw a conclusion from numbers and interpret trends/ patterns.
- Ideally would have some experience in Excel/ PowerPoint
Accounting and Taxation Professional Level 7 - ACCA
The gold standard in Accountancy Apprenticeships, this programme enables individuals to become fully qualified in a profession which is globally recognised and respected in areas of accountancy, taxation, finance and business.
ACCA is ideal if you’re looking to progress your career and become a chartered accountant, or work in an accountancy, audit or tax firm. ACCA consists of three levels; Applied Knowledge, Applied Skills, and Strategic Professional, and you’ll need to complete relevant work experience at some point before you can qualify.
ACCA qualification is made up of three levels:
- Applied Knowledge helps you understand the role of accounting in the business environment, and develop the practical skills and techniques expected of an accountant working in business. You can complete Applied Knowledge in six to 12 months.
- Applied Skills encourages you to develop a broad understanding of the role of accounting in business, and how to interpret financial information.
- By studying Strategic Professional, you'll learn advanced techniques, skills, and the professional ethics required of an accountant or consultant operating at a senior level. Once you've successfully passed you can apply to be a full member of ACCA. Fully qualified ACCA members have abundant job prospects in a variety of industries and countries. In the final stage of ACCA, you'll be working as an assistant (qualified) supervisor or a financial analyst.
You will also be required to complete an End Point Assessment (EPA), which will include a case study exam and project report.
As part of the apprenticeship you will complete innovative skills and behaviours that are essential to complement the vital technical training. They are designed to support learners in developing essential competencies and embedding their learning within the context of their organisation. Delivered with motivation and engagement at heart, learners can practice these essential competencies with industry peers in a realistic environment.
Training will be provided by attending either face-to-face classroom based lessons or Live Online. An apprenticeship has to be relevant to the job you are undertaking and you must dedicate 20% of your time towards it.
Opportunities may be available within the Finance Team upon completion of the apprenticeship.
- 27 days holiday allowance raising to 30 days in the 3rd year.
- Company pension scheme.
- Onsite parking.
Exciting Additional Benefits – Throughout your apprenticeship, you will be supported by our experts and many fellow apprentices. You will also have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our discounts scheme, and a subsidised on-site restaurant. If aged 18 and over, you will also have the opportunity to purchase or lease a BMW or MINI vehicle of your choice at a very special and reduced rate as part of your benefits package.
Please note - The starting salary would be £15,900, however it would increase to £18,100 after 6 months, then £20,200 by the end of the first year. There is also a £1600 annual bonus. Then bi annual increase continue for the remainder of the 4 year apprenticeship.