Are you looking to build a long-term career in Accountancy? Then look no further! Start your career today with an AAT level 4 apprenticeship with A&C Chartered Accountants and Kaplan. You will be gaining valuable workplace experience including preparing financial statements, preparing tax returns and carrying out day to day bookkeeping and payroll using Sage and Xero.
- Prepare financial statements from incomplete accounting records for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
- Prepare individual, partnership and corporation tax returns and advise the client of tax liabilities
- Prepare profit forecasts and cash flow projections
- Carry out day to day bookkeeping and payroll using Sage and Xero cloud accounting software
- Prepare month and quarter end management accounts
- Prepare VAT returns
- Carry out company secretarial work i.e. Company formations, confirmation statements etc.
- Any ad hoc projects as required by the client
- General office duties as and when required
Professional Accounting Taxation Technician Apprenticeship Level 4 - AAT
A key role within any accountancy and finance function, individuals undertaking this apprenticeship will hone their ability to create, verify and review accurate and timely financial information. This apprenticeship can suit a variety of financial functions as there are a range of qualifications available to suit your organisation.
Our Professional Accountant / Taxation Professional apprenticeship programme offers a choice of professional qualification with work based projects. This ensures that learning and skills are directly applied to the apprentice’s role, and maximises the time used as part of off-the-job training.
The course is made up of three mandatory units and five optional units. You must pass all the mandatory assessments and two optional unit assessments to achieve the qualification.
- Drafting and Interpreting of Financial Statements (DAIF)
- Applied Management Accounting (AMAC)
- Internal Accounting Systems and Controls (INAC)
- Business Tax (BNTA)
- Personal Tax (PNTA)
- Audit and Assurance (AUDT)
- Cash and Financial Management (CSFT)
- Credit and Debt Management (CRDM)
You will also be required to complete an End Point Assessment (EPA), which will include a role simulation exam and discussion or reflective statement with supporting portfolio.
Training will be provided by attending either face-to-face classroom based lessons or Live Online.
An apprenticeship has to be relevant to the job you are undertaking and you must dedicate time to off the job training, as well as completing knowledge, skills and behaviours associated with your apprenticeship.
- AAT level 3
- A levels grade A-C
- GCSEs grade 9/A*-4/C
- IT skills, proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Organisational skills
- Team working skills
- Communication skills
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Attention to detail
- Good time management
Progression to level 7 following completion of AAT.
- 25 days + bank holidays
- Free parking available