Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Weekly Hours Worked: Monday - Friday, 9am-5:30pm
About the company:
At 3Gi we believe the most valuable resource a firm can have is not its IT, client base or contacts but the people within the firm. The people reflect a company’s ethics and principles and the people at 3Gi are hardworking and willing to go the extra mile for a client. As a result, we offer a wide range of services which are professional, responsive, and competitively priced.
A little bit More about the role:
You will be based in the St Peters office in Colchester. You will be required to travel to each of their 11 Branches all based in Essex. As such Driving License is essential for this employment.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Apprentice with 3Gi Technology, an IT Service Provider based in Colchester, Essex.
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to earn while you learn in a government-funded apprenticeship that is suitable for a recent school or college leaver - or if you are ready to start your IT career! The successful candidate will receive IT and application training, whilst working in a professional environment.
We are looking for a person who is passionate about IT, who is not afraid to go after what she/he wants. A person with determination, drive to learn, and strong carrier aspirations. Simply a winner.
In terms of development, your carrier will start with End-user support and assistance on varieties of IT Projects. In a later stage, you will be exposed to things such as System Administration, Project Management, Data Analysis/BI, Cyber Security, Cloud Systems just to name a few. Therefore, as they say, people who hard work and have the right attitude will be rewarded.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Provide 1st line technical support to the users.
- Application support to ensure our users are leveraging cloud systems to their fullest potential.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues and escalating or remediating as required.
- Maintenance and documentation of the registration system.
- Manage user requests for software downloads or installations.
- Maintenance of existing systems,
- Troubleshooting issues with performance.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Skills & Personal Qualities Required:
- Willingness to be completely flexible and adaptable in all situations.
- Amazing communication skills, both internally and in a customer service situation.
- Thirst for knowledge and learning.
- Interest and passion for IT or technology.
- Methodological and organized in your approach to challenges and solutions.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance.
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.