What you will do in your working day
The training you will be getting
- You will help us to design and code features for our software programmes PRIMER, D3PLOT, T/HIS and REPORTER, which are used by engineers around the world to prepare LS-DYNA finite element models for analysis and to post-process the results, enabling them to analyse complex problems such as vehicle crash tests
- As a Digital & Technology Solutions Professional Apprentice, you will work within the Oasys LS-DYNA team
- You will have an opportunity to design and code new features, maintain code for our existing features, write automated tests for your code, provide technical support to customers and carry out release tasks from quality assurance to documentation. The code you write will have a real-world impact in the automotive aerospace, nuclear and civil engineering industries. While you will have responsibility from day one, we will give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills
- You will be supported by experienced members of the team as well as other digital apprentices in the team
- Digital and technology solutions professional level 6
Level 6 Degree Apprenticeships have a typical duration of 3- 6 years, during which you will attain both a professional and academic qualification to further your career. As part of your apprenticeship, you'll study towards a Level 6 qualification in Digital & Technology Solutions Professional - Software Engineer.
Your study pattern could be day or block release, or via distance learning, depending on the course that you enrol on.What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Our apprentices are employed on a permanent basis, soyou'llcontinue to progress with Arup onceyou'vecompleted your course.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness Qualifications
A Level or equivalent Maths (Grade A) Essential
A Level or equivalent Physics (Grade A) Essential