What you will do in your working day
The training you will be getting
- Cyber security assessments of customer infrastructure
- Security testing of networks using industry standard software tools
- Providing guidance on the secure configuration of network devices and operating systems
- Developing security requirements that support the design of secure networks and products
- Undertaking security research on systems and software
- Audit of the effectiveness of an organisation's security controls
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Through our apprenticeship, you will be making the most of your talents, getting to understand cyber security from the ground up; and doing so with the help of one of the biggest and best names in the industry.
- As a Cyber Security Apprentice you will be studying towards a Level 6 BSc (Hons) Cyber Security Technical Professional Degree Apprenticeship in partnership with Gloucestershire College and UWE. For the duration of this 4 year programme you will combine academic study with practical application, working within our cyber security team in Reading. As part of the apprenticeship you will work towards a level 4, level 5 and finally level 6 qualification which will be assessed primarily through coursework. The programme will conclude with an End Point Assessment to determine occupational competence prior to completion and the award of your degree.
- Will qualify with a Level 6 BSc (Hons) Cyber Security Technical Professional Degree Apprenticeship and be a permanent Cyber security engineer with the Thales business.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
IT skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent 5 GCSEs including Maths and English (Grade A-C (4-9)) Essential
Other Any (Grade 112 UCAS tariff points) Essential