What you will do in your working day
This scheme which will see you specialising in Enterprise Architecture.
BAE Systems' product portfolio is expanding to offer customers Enterprise Solutions, which combine multiple services and platforms to deliver complex outcomes through enduring relationships. These outcomes could be motivated by defence needs but also economic partnerships with customers.
This will see you learning skills and knowledge associated with Enterprise Architecting such as:
- 'Designing' an Enterprise solution through capturing, reviewing and documenting requirements
- Applying systems investigation and using systems modelling to predict performance
- Learn how to produce specifications of user requirements that enable detailed solution development and make recommendations for improvement over the lifecycle of the Enterprise
Following completion of the formal DTS Apprenticeship, this scheme also has a final 5th year of supplementary modules such that candidates are ready to apply for Professional Registration at Incorporated Engineering (IEng) level.
Through this combination of academic study and real work experience, you will become a valued member of the engineering team.The training you will be getting
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- BSc (Hons) in Digital & Technology Solutions
- Training and training location to be confirmed
Around 95% of apprentices choose to stay on with us. And as a global business there are a world of opportunities - whether you decide to stay in the UK, or explore an overseas role.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Organisation skills, Team working Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent 5 GCSEs Including Mathematics, Science and English (Grade A*-C or 9-4 (or equivalent)) Essential
Other two STEM based subjects (Grade 96+ UCAS Tariff points) Essential