What you will do in your working day
The training you will be getting
- Operational support for The Hall Butler with daily lunch service, as well as Grey's Inn benchers' and members' events and functions.
- Be visible, and represent Grey's Inn at all times.
- Ensure that members, customers and visitors of Gret's Inn always receive first class service promptly.
- Actively support and work with the Events Manager to deliver events, as well as oversee and deliver small events with small team.
- Deputise for The Hall Butler in their absence.
- Set rooms for both Grey's Inn internal and commercial events.
- Assist with the service and movement of Grey's Inn wines.
- Oversee the delivery of all aspects of all customer transactions.
- Responsibility for declaring daily sales.
- Assist with the maintenance and cleaning of Grey's Inn's Silver.
- Work safely and compliantly according to CH&CO Health and Food Safety policies and procedures.
- Personal presentation of the team, ensuring adherence to dress code, as well as management of allocation and receipt of team uniforms.
- Effectively communicate all feedback to The Hall Butler from members and customers.
- Undertake all training required by the leadership apprenticeship programme.
- Contribution to the successful delivery of the Grey's Inn mission.
- Undertake all reasonable management requests.
Once the apprenticeship has been completed, a level 4 qualification in Hospitality Management will be achieved.
The apprentcieship training will include:
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Apprenticship training for Level 4 Hospitality Manager - monthly workshops or webinars.
- Training on the job, on site as part of their apprenticeship to increase knowledge and skills.
- One day per month progress review with apprenticeship training provider consultant.
- Off the job training which includes anything over and above job description.
- Guidance and mentorship from line manager.
Progress into a full working role as an assistant butler with pay increase and promise of future promotion based on work performance
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness Qualifications
Other Hospitality services or catering level 2/3 (Grade 2/3) Essential