What you will do in your working day
Early Years Resources is a market-leading educational resources company serving primary schools, nursery schools, day care providers, teachers, childminders and parents internationally since 1992.
At Early Years Resources, we have been growing rapidly and now we are looking to expand our buying team. We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Buying Administrator to join the EYR family Working within a small team means a higher quality of training where we take into consideration how you like to learn.
At EYR we are a collaborative business, and you will gain experience and insight across many of our internal departments.
The training you will be getting
- Conduct market comp shops to inform the team
- Assistant with the product creation process including ecommerce merchandising
- Photography assistance with support from the Assistant Buyer
- NPI form management with support from the Assistant Buyer
- Awareness of the critical path to ensure new products progress.
- Review weekly market changes to present in trade meetings
- Ensure costings and price changes are updated correctly
- Maintain excellent working relationships with internal departments
- Attend key UK trade shows
You will complete an apprenticeship in Buying & Merchandising Level 4.
Blended on/off the job training and location to be confirmed.What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Upon completion of your Level 4 Buying and Merchandising apprenticeship, you may be offered the opportunity to progress on to a higher level apprenticeship programme or work with Early Years Resources as a permanent member of the team.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Administrative skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Presentation skills, Problem solving skills, Patience, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 ) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade C/4 ) Essential Things to consider
National Apprenticeship Wage is £5.28 p/h however this will increase in April 2024 to £6.40 p/h.