Are you looking to build a long-term career in Accountancy? Then look no further! Start your career today with a level 7 CIMA apprenticeship with Accolade Wines and Kaplan. You will be gaining valuable workplace experience including preparing detailed analyses for all tax returns and month end and managing and maintaining promotional activity.
You will study CIMA over the next 3 years, qualifying as a chartered management accountant, and rotate through our finance departments as an analyst, providing an excellent platform to start a career in finance and for further progression within the finance or wider business teams. Our finance analysts duties include:
- Managing, maintaining and evaluating promotional activity & the resolution of price and other promotional claims.
- Working with decision support to review quantity and value of purchases, identifying changes in price, tariffs and FX.
- Providing accurate and consistent product costs for uses in all systems and processes.
- Preparing detailed analyses for all tax returns and month end / year end taxpacks.
- Performing first review of all tax returns prepared by external advisors for foreign subsidiaries and branches.
Accounting and Taxation Professional Level 7 - CIMA
The gold standard in Accountancy Apprenticeships, this programme enables individuals to become fully qualified in a profession which is globally recognised and respected in areas of accountancy, taxation, finance and business.
The CIMA pathway within this apprenticeship consists of three levels: Professional Operational, Professional Management and Professional Strategic. Learners must pass all assessments at each level in addition to completing work experience requirements to become fully qualified. The levels are made up of the following:
- CIMA Operational teaches you about organisational management, costs and analysis used in production, and financial reporting and taxation. You also take a Case Study, which tests your overall knowledge of the level.
- CIMA Management equips you with the skills to perform advanced management accounting and advanced financial reporting tasks. You'll learn how to manage companies, from internal and external contexts. You also take a Case Study, which tests your overall knowledge of the level.
- CIMA Strategic develops your leadership and strategic management abilities, and teaches you about risk management and financial strategy. You also take a Case Study, which tests your overall knowledge of the level.
You will also be required to complete an End Point Assessment (EPA), which will include a case study exam and project report.
As part of the apprenticeship you will complete innovative skills and behaviours that are essential to complement the vital technical training. They are designed to support learners in developing essential competencies and embedding their learning within the context of their organisation. Delivered with motivation and engagement at heart, learners can practice these essential competencies with industry peers in a realistic environment.
Training will be provided by attending either face-to-face classroom based lessons or Live Online. An apprenticeship has to be relevant to the job you are undertaking and you must dedicate 20% of your time towards it.
- Minimum 2:2 degree from any discipline (or equivalent)
- A levels grade A-C
- GCSEs grade 9/A*-4/C
Proficiency with MS Office, especially Excel.
- Placement / internship in a corporate environment (desirable)
- Numerate and articulate as well as being an excellent communicator and team player
- Proactivity, curiosity and a passion for wine!
Opportunity to apply for internal vacancies globally upon qualification.
- Wine allowance and access to unique wine specials.
- Flexible working (Up to 2-3 days working from home).
- 25 Day holiday.
- Study leave.
- Loyalty Leave.
- Accolade Wines Anniversary day off.
- Go Beyond Day - making a different in your local community.
- Access to an extensive online learning library.
- Private Health Insurance.
- Annual Flu Vaccination Program .
- Employee Assistance Program .
- Various exclusive employee discounts.
Please note, this is a hybrid role with a minimum of 2 days in the office.
At Accolade Wines, our purpose is to enrich everyday moments through our amazing wine brands. It goes without saying that everything we do as an organisation and as individuals is in service of fulfilling this purpose. As one of the world’s leading wine companies, our award-winning portfolio includes loved brands such as Hardys, Grant Burge, St Hallett, House of Arras, Petaluma, Banrock Station, Mud House, Jam Shed, Echo Falls, Kumala and many more. The driving force behind our business is our people, their expertise, their passion and their professionalism. With over 1,400 dedicated employees in Australia, the UK, Europe, Asia, South Africa, New Zealand and North and South America, it is our teamwork that sets us apart.