Design technology graduate
Watford to start ASAP!
Prospero Teaching is currently looking for an Design technology graduate to work within a secondary school in Watford.
This Design technology graduate will work within the design technology department and involve preparing classroom resources, helping set up Design Technology lessons, manage the stock, work with wood, plastic and metal safely managing the equipment and supporting in lessons sometimes. Design and technology is a subject that explores designing and making products that solve problems, and then evaluating how successful the results are.
SKILLS FOR THE DESIGN TECHNOLOGY GRADUATE ROLE INCLUDE:
- The preparation of materials and equipment for Design technology lessons
- Maintaining the equipment and prep rooms and their equipment, and services in good order
- General duties in support of the teachers in the Design technology Department
- Experience of dealing with technical issues relating to experiments
- Excellent relationship building abilities.
THE IDEAL DESIGN TECHNOLOGY GRADUATE ROLE WILL:
- Knowledge of resistant materials
- experienced with machine using 2D, 3D printers
DESIGN TECHNOLOGY TECHNICIAN GRADUATE DETAILS
Location - Watford
Position - Design technology graduate
Start date - ASAP
Duration / Likely Duration - long term - 1 year plus
End date (if applicable) - N/A
Full time/part time - Full Time
Minimum rate of pay - in line with payscale
Hours - 8:30am - 4pm (full day)
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS OF THE DESIGN TECHNOLOGY GRADUATE:
- A degree relating to design and technology is desirable
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (desirable however not essential)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS DESIGN TECHNOLOGY GRADUATE ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THIS DESIGN TECHNOLOGY GRADUATE ROLE:
If you would like to be considered for this Design Technology Graduate role please call the London office on (phone number removed) or apply below with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful Design Technology Graduate Role will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.