Team: Bloomberg Customer Support
Qualification: Business Administration Level 3
Programme Duration: 15 months
Start Date: September 2024
Bloomberg delivers data, news and analytics through innovative technology and provides real time financial information to more than 325,000 subscribers globally. In a career at Bloomberg, you will play a vital role in making it all happen. You will be joining a team of solution-finders, with a real passion for providing superb customer service in a fast-paced environment. We are a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive, and collaborative — and in providing a work environment that encourages our employees to be their best.
The Apprenticeship Program:
The Apprenticeship Programme at Bloomberg is an exciting opportunity to enter the company in a full-time role, take on real responsibility, and discover new skills from day one. Our apprentices make meaningful contributions to our company, while also learning across the industry. Targeted at school leavers, young professionals, military veterans, and those seeking a career change, our program is designed to bridge the gap between the British education system and the ever-changing job market.
The Bloomberg Customer Support Role:
As a Bloomberg Customer Support Apprentice, you have two critical focus areas: to provide exceptional customer service to a broad range of clients and ensure the fast and effective management of various client workflows and hardware/software issues. You will provide all types of support and connect our clients to the various Bloomberg products and platforms they subscribe to. You will work alongside our global team, supporting our clients collectively in more than 18 languages.?
Specific tasks can include; providing outstanding customer service to our clients via the internal ticketing system, phone call, e-mail, or live chat. Identifying, investigating, and resolving customer issues using proprietary company software. Collaborating with your team on various department and global projects, analyzing complex processes, and thinking of creative solutions.
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4 - 9 in any subject (Should include Maths & English)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and either Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian, German at a business fluency level.
- Learners must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject
- Possess the right to work in the UK
- Have lived in the UK continuously for the past 3 years
What we would like to see:
- Strong customer service skills including telephone etiquette and a professional demeanour
- Desire to develop skills and experience in customer service in a fast-moving FinTech environment
- Willingness to learn new technologies and ability to retain information
- Careful attention to detail, with an aptitude for working quickly and accurately
- Multi-tasking and problem-solving skills as well as an ability to work independently and as part of a larger global team
- An interest in progressing a career within Bloomberg
Have we made you curious to learn more? If so, apply! Complete the online application Q&A (answer these questions thoughtfully) and submit your most up-to-date CV. Show us you are eligible. We will get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/early-career/apprenticeships-at-bloomberg/
*** Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa). Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com ***