Sports Graduates - Learning Support Assistant SEN School Based in Islington
Full time - SEND School Islington
We are on the hunt for Sport Science Graduates to work on a full-time basis as Learning Support Assistants within SEND School in Islington.
You will be supporting pupils with different SEND needs such as Severe Learning Difficulties, Complex Needs, SEMH, Autism and ADHD, experience in supporting pupils with SEND needs is desirable but is essential. This position will give anyone considering a future in teaching valuable classroom-based experience to support children on a one-to-one and group basis. We are looking for individuals that are dedicated to supporting children of different age groups and have the ability to adapt. A number of the pupils we support also have physical disabilities; you will be part of a team to develop the pupils physical needs as well.
- Comfortable supporting pupils with various Learning Difficulties
- Ability to engage and support pupils
- Assist with personal care
- Physical development and Support
- Assist with moving and handling
- Supervising pupils' behaviour
Benefits to you
- Excellent rates of pay up to 120 per day
- Valuable classroom-based experience
- Term time only - Full-Time
- Based in Islington
- Experience in supporting children or young adults with learning difficulties is desirable but not essential
- Able to stay calm and de-escalate challenging Behaviour
- Valid DBS registered with the online update service or be willing to apply for a new one
- Available 5 days a week and able to commit to at least 3-6 months with a view to this going permanent.
If you would like more information or would like to apply for this role, please submit your CV today to (url removed)