What you will do in your working day
Our apprenticeships are designed to give you an insight into a wide variety of areas of work and the chance to explore where your skills and interests lie. Through a combination of on-the-job learning and practical skills development, you'll work on real projects from day one that offer scale and variety, collaborating with others and creating meaningful impact on the world around us. You'll work towards your professional qualification; whichever path you take, your future starts here.
You'll also be supported by our leaders, technical specialists, your own dedicated mentor and our continuous learning and development framework.
Not only will you gain valuable 'on the job' experience and work towards professional qualifications but you'll also earn a meaningful salary from day one. We're proud to be paying Real Living Wage for our Level 6 Apprenticeships.
You'll be making asustainabledifference in people's lives, shaping cities and transforming nuclear energy. And with the opportunity to work across Cities & Development, Nuclear & Power, you'll decide where you want your career to go.
Here's what your role as an apprentice will involve:
The training you will be getting
- Developing your skills in a wide range of exciting projects
- Learning and using relevant design software
- Being involved in client meetings and assisting in building key client relationships
- You'll get to understand and learn digital skills, to help us harness technology in new ways
- Your mentors will support you as you study towards nationally recognised qualifications and accreditation
- You'll have dedicated time to spend at college or university to focus on your studies
Digital User Experience (UX) Professional (integrated degree) Level 7 Apprenticeship Standard:
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- The occupation is found in the fields of design and technology across every sector, including digital and creative; retail and sales; public service; health innovation; manufacturing; and finance and professional services
- The BSc (Hons) Digital User Experience Degree Apprenticeship programme is designed for those who wish to enhance and accelerate their career prospects through engaging in a work-based learning programme providing opportunities to develop your understanding of user experience and digital system design, and capitalise on opportunities for applied learning within the context of your employment
- Your learning and personal and professional development will be facilitated through a structured learning programme and supported by a range of learning, classroom and work-based learning experiences. This will enable you to embark on a learning programme designed to enhance your future employability and equip you for a career leading or working within a digital user experience context
- As such the programme will develop your knowledge and applied understanding of the range of technical and design-related concepts that underpin the experience that people have when interacting with digital systems, products, or services
The programme will also develop wider personal, leadership and management knowledge and skills as they equip you to work within the wider context of your organisation, and equip you to accelerate your broader career aspirations in roles such as:
- UX Designer/Engineer
- UX Information Architect
- UX Consultant
- UX Researcher
- UI (User Interface) Designer
- Interaction Designer
- Experience Designer
- UX Product Manager
- UX Analyst
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Presentation skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative Qualifications
Other English and Maths (Grade Entry Level 3) Essential