What you will do in your working day
The training you will be getting
- To contribute to projects within the division
- To support the assistant project managers and project managers in;
- Monitoring and tracking progress
- Identifying and managing risks, opportunities, issues and dependencies
- reporting and managing performance and project status
- Producing and maintaining project documentation
- Arranging and organising project meetings including agenda's, attendees, taking and producing minutes and action logs
- Identify areas for improvement, compliance risks and areas of good practice within the wider Rail team in the NW
- Proactively engage with Mott MacDonalds internal systems to build a level of expertise in there use to identify ways in which you can work in a more connected way with colleagues across the Global company
You will attend university one day a week to work towards your construction quantity surveyor (degree) qualification.
You will have the full support of your wider team, as well as a line manager, mentor and buddy, and a dedicated learning & development team
You will join our 2 year 'accelerate your future' internal training scheme as well as company provided training sessions.
Apprentices will be required to complete a Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) accredited BSc/BSc(Honours) or (where the apprentice already holds a Level 6 degree and subject to an assessment of prior learning) an RICS accredited Post Graduate Diploma or MSc that states it is linked to this apprenticeship.
You will also complete an Industry certificate in Site Safety Plus Site Managers' Safety Training Scheme and Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme which are required for safe operations in the workplaceWhat to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Successful Applicants can look forward to a potential position within the industry, or may seek out a higher level of apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4 / C or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 / C or equivalent) Essential
A Level or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C) Desired