Degree Apprenticeship Civil Engineering 2017 - North West, UK
- To ensure that safe systems of work are in place on site and that all staff adhere to them
- To translate design information to construction teams so they can construct the project effectively and efficiently
- To manage the productivity on the site so that the project is completed on time
- To ensure that the project is completed to the specification and quality needed by the client
- To manage the activity on site in a way that adheres to cost and contract constraints
- To ensure that the site has minimal negative impact on the environment and community
- To manage interfaces between stakeholders associated with the project
- Develop an understanding of construction skills, terminology and methodology
You will attend college and university on a day or block release basis during the Apprenticeship.
The typical duration for this apprenticeship is six years but this may depend on your previous experience and qualifications. The apprenticeship will be split into two 3 year stagesRequirements and prospects Desired skills
As well as strong numeracy and well-developed team and People Skills, you have the passion and enthusiasm to keep the momentum going on a project.
You will be able to set the pace as well as the standards for the team. You will also have the ability to describe what interests and motivates you to the construction industry.Qualifications required
- Minimum of five GCSE's (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths, English and Science, with a B in Maths
- Minimum 3 A-levels, HNC or equivalent at grades A-C including Maths, Science or Engineering
- Pass pre-employment medical which will include a Drug & Alcohol test