Working for Poeton Industries Ltd.
Today, designers, engineers, and manufacturers like you are pushing conventional materials to their limit. Finding the right surface treatment solution is critical if your components are to succeed in new, challenging, or extreme operating conditions.
Poeton has been a pioneer in surface treatment solutions for over 120 years. We pride ourselves on delivering excellence, and to do this we ensure all our staff are developed into highly skilled experts in their field.
Vision and Values
Our vision and values are at the core of what we do. Our vision of ‘delivering excellence as the surface engineering partner of choice’ drives us to offer the best possible customer experience at all points of their journey with us.
Our Poeton values define what it means to be a member of the Poeton team. Whether you are on the frontline processing customers parts or provide a supporting role in the office, we all respect their importance to the way we operate.
At Tiro, we make great things happen for people. And that starts with you. In this role you’ll receive:
- £15,590 per annum starting salary
- 38 hours per week
- 08:00 – 16:30 Mon – Thu
- 08:00 – 14:00 Fri
- 20 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday - and you never have to work on your birthday!
- Company pension scheme after 3 months
- Life assurance scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle-to-work scheme and free on-site parking
- Regular training and CPD opportunities
What will I be doing as an Apprentice Chemical Technician?
The main role of the Apprentice Laboratory Technician will be to develop an understanding of how to carry out Chemical and Physical testing of process solutions and coatings in accordance with instruction. Under the direct supervision/guidance of a Laboratory Technician or a qualified trainer this role will include the maintenance of all process tanks; to ensure they meet both Company and Customer specification, record keeping and ensuring the laboratory is fully operational at all times. This role will involve interaction with internal operations, production and quality team.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities include:
- Develop the skills to be able to maintain all process tanks to ensure they meet both Company and Customer specification.
- Develop the skills to carry out chemical analysis – routine or otherwise and to ensure they are performed according to the planned schedule.
- Develop the skills to be able to make additions to tank process solutions as necessary.
- Develop the skills to carryout testing of test panels, ensuring both Company and Customer specification is met.
- Develop the knowledge to be able to monitor and maintain process chemical stock levels.
- Develop an understanding and gain the skills required to ensure analysis records are maintained and data is accurately recorded onto our I.T. system.
- Develop the skills required to ensure the laboratory is maintained, clean and organised at all times by undertaking regular house-keeping and equipment maintenance procedures. Note: the laboratory should always be fully operational and kept in a safe, clean and tidy working condition at all times.
- Develop the skills required to carry out air monitoring tests as required.
- Develop the skills necessary to be able to communicate with Customers, Visitors, Suppliers in an appropriate, pleasant and responsive manner.
- To research technical topics as required.
- To assist other departments as and when required following the instruction of the Technical Manager.
What could the future look like?
When you join Poeton Industries, the possibilities for your success are limitless. As a successful applicant, you have the potential to secure a full-time position within the company at the conclusion of your apprenticeship.
Through practical training on the job, you will acquire new skills and gain the competence and responsibility required for laboratory testing. This apprenticeship program serves as a stepping stone towards a rewarding career in laboratory testing, with the added opportunity for the apprentice to become a registered Science technician (RSci Tech).
This program unlocks a multitude of career paths, granting you access to diverse organisations across various sectors. Whether it's the chemical and pharmaceutical industries (primary and secondary), biotechnology companies, nuclear enterprises, analytical science services, or educational institutions, the doors are wide open.
This apprenticeship can also help pave the way for further educational and professional advancement. You may choose to pursue higher-level qualifications through one of our Degree Apprenticeships such as Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Applied Chemical Science.
Rest assured, your hard work and determination will not go unnoticed!
We are looking for someone who is focused and meticulous in all aspects of work. Someone who demonstrates an ability to learn quickly and absorb new skills and is capable of following instructions and procedures accurately and in a timely and efficient manner.
Be prepared for a challenge as you take on activities to ensure the targets are met, whilst standards are upheld to ensure the safety of your team and working environment.
To succeed in this apprenticeship, you’ll need bags of enthusiasm, be a fantastic collaborator and be hungry to learn!
Even if this doesn’t sound quite like you, but you still think you could do a great job in the role, get in touch. We’re always open to wildcards.
Follow the link to complete your application through our Tiro website.
Your application will then be reviewed and a member of the team will be in touch to speak with you further!