Apprentice Developer and Monitoring Officer
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Developer and Monitoring Officer to join a small London based Technology and Analysis team of six people to assist in the broad and varied roles which the team carry out.As an Apprentice Developer and Monitoring Officer, your job includes:
Your focus is to work alongside our Developer to assist in the ongoing development and maintenance of our applications, specifically our in-house banner ad monitoring system Ad Scan. This will allow you to learn or develop their skills in C#, SQL, and HTLM coding. Another crucial part of the role will be to assist our monitoring function in identifying risks as well as gathering and analysing evidence using the Ad Scan software. The evidence gathered is used by our investigations and enforcement function. The role will also provide some assistance to our Systems Administrator in the day to day running of the organisations software and hardware infrastructure as well as co-ordinating and planning upgrades as required.
- Assist the Developer in updating, maintaining, and testing our in-house banner advert software Ad Scan.
- Gather and analyse user requirements to contribute towards improving the system, user interface and design.
- Continually updates and develops knowledge of C#, SQL and HTML coding to assist in ongoing system improvements.
- Utilise the Ad Scan software to conduct sweeps of the phone-paid market to identify potential risks / breaches of our code.
- Gathers, and collates evidence, and market intelligence of phone-paid services. Analyses evidence as well as user experiences, grades findings, and generates research reports.
- Conducts forensic technical investigations of specific phone-paid services as required or directed using a variety of software; including - packet capture software, HTML analysis, Video editing software, database queries such as SQL, Mongo BD and Microsoft CRM).
- Provide 9-5 desktop support to the organisation.
- Assists the Systems Administrator in upgrading and configuring system hardware / software.
- Strong interest in technology, applications, and software.
- Some practical technical experience in mobile technology, such as experience of mobile repairs is preferred.
- Experience of routing phones, P2P file sharing, or HTTP programming would also be advantageous.
- A naturally inquisitive person who enjoys learning and picks things up quickly.
- Able to demonstrate maturity when dealing with documents of a sensitive nature.
- A good team player who is happy to provide assistance and support when requested.
- Good organisations skills. Able to plan and organise workload to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Methodical in their approach and a keen problem solver. Able to scrutinise, critically examine, and analyse information to draw appropriate conclusions. Able to present findings in a logical and easy to understand format.
- Personable and presentable.
- Able to communicate professionally with individuals from across the organisation. Good standard of written communication skills
You'll need at least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including Maths, English and either IT or Science.Future prospects Due to the nature of some of the content the individual may be exposed to, the successful candidate must be at least 18 years old.