Apprentice Project Manager
Our Project Management Degree Apprentices undergo a BSc (Hons) Construction Management degree (RICS accredited). The apprenticeship is 4.5-5 years.
The role will allow you to access “on and off the job training” gaining knowledge and hands on experience of supporting our Project Management teams in their delivery of exciting construction projects across our sectors.
The BSc is delivered through UCEM's state-of-the-art online learning environment and digital library, supported with guidance from highly experienced tutors. We allow our apprentices one day per week to study the course.
As a Project Management Apprentice you will be on a 5 year fixed term contract. At the end of which it would be decided if we would like to take you on permanently based on successful completion of your Apprenticeship and achieving performance objectives.
The entry requirement for the Degree Apprenticeship will be 230 UCAS points made up of AS/A Levels and/or other equivalent qualifications; or an Advanced Apprenticeship in Surveying or an Advanced Apprenticeship in Construction Technical; and Grade C or above in English and Mathematics at GCSE or equivalent recognised qualifications. Any HNCs and HNDs will be considered.
- To provide support in the delivery of projects and assignments
- To deliver elements of Project Management assignments under the supervision of more senior members of staff
- To be able to take a simple brief from a more senior member of staff and act upon it
- To provide all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner
- To provide general support to Project Teams
- Meet all the assessment requirements and expectations associated with your academic course of learning
- Organised & the ability to multi-task with an attention to detail
- A logical thinker and a creative problem-solving ability
- Good time management skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- The ability to remain calm and flexible
- Be a team player and happy to take charge if required
- Computer literate
For standard entry applicants, must have obtained 96 UCAS tariff points (2017 Tariff) or 230 UCAS tariff points (2016 Tariff) or have an equivalent level of attainment through recognised qualifications not included in the UCAS Tariff
Have completed an Advanced Apprenticeship in Surveying or an Advanced Apprenticeship in Construction Technical through which a Construction and Built Environment Diploma with a minimum DD profile was obtained or through which a Construction and Built Environment Extended Diploma with a minimum MMM profile was obtained, or an equivalent qualification
Have a current RICS Associate qualification (AssocRICS)
Have GCSE Grade C or above in English and Mathematics (Grade 4 for applicants holding newly reformed GCSEs in England) or an equivalent Level 2 qualification in English and Mathematics as defined by the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) in England.
*Recognised qualifications having an equivalent level of attainment as those recognised by UCAS include: Higher National Certificate (HNC), Higher National Diploma (HND), professional qualifications from recognised institutions, certain armed forces qualifications and partially completed degrees.Future prospects Upon completion of the BSc (Hons) Construction Management and the structured workplace learning you will undertake the RICS Assessment of Professional Competence leading to registration with the RICS as a Chartered Surveyor (Project Management).