Apprentice Web Developer
- SQL databases
- Adobe design software would be an advantage
- To train as a Web Development Assistant as part of a 2.5 year higher-level apprenticeship.
- To support the IT Department by developing skills to contribute as a member of the Web Development Team under the direction of the IT Development Officer
- By fulfilling the role, you will help to ensure that the Group is able to deliver a high-quality digital presence on the Internet
- Through the apprenticeship programme gain skills and knowledge to assist in the design, coding, and testing of our web sites and mobile applications.
- Follow instruction from the IT Development Officer and the IT department's procedural guidelines to ensure tasks are consistently delivered to a high standard.
- Provide professional written and verbal communication. Content should be effective, coherent and grammatically correct.
- Deliver outstanding customer service, and support great teamwork.
- In addition to college-based learning, undertake ongoing research and personal development to improve relevant knowledge and acquire new skills. Access to online learning tools will be provided to give flexibility as to when this learning takes place.
- Maintain awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and suggesting new possible ways to work.
- To have a knowledge and appreciation of working with confidential customer data and the Data Protection Act.
- To carry out any other duties and responsibilities which, within the scope of this post, may be allocated by the IT Development Officer, the IT Manager or an authorised representative.
- To comply with the health and safety duty of all individuals to act responsibly, within TCHG health and safety policy and procedure, risk assessments and safe working guidance.
- To promote equality of opportunity and recognition of diversity in all aspects of work.
- To promote The Community Housing Group's core values and ethos.
- To foster constructive and collaborative working relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and partner organisations.
- To participate in the continuous improvement of service delivery
- To work within Policy and Procedure, Standing Orders and Financial Regulations.
- To respect the need for confidentiality when processing personal data.
- To participate in the Group PPR scheme.
The following are essential attributes for this role:
You will have experience of a professional office environment or will have the ability to act professionally in all work related roles.
- Confident user of IT and Technology, with experience of business applications (eg. Microsoft Office, Google Docs, etc.)
- Regular user of websites, smart phone apps, and social media.
- Some prior knowledge of “HTML” and web page development (this could include a task with a school or college course, or development of a site for personal use or a club/group). You will be asked at interview to provide evidence of your work.
- Experience of interpreting a brief; planning, designing and creating a finished solution (for example, this could include a task to design and create a product within a school or college design course).
Exposure to any (or all) of the following web development disciplines:
- MySQL databases
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Fireworks
- A full UK driving licence and access to a car/vehicle is desirable
The following qualities are essential:
- A genuine interest in website design and development. Along with enthusiasm for a continuing career in IT and an aptitude and willingness to learn and develop.
- Highly motivated individual with initiative, and willingness to undertake new tasks.
- Creative and passionate; always striving to produce high-quality solutions.
- Willing to experiment and offer different design options; accept and learn from feedback.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise, multi-task, and handle high workloads in a busy working environment.
- Excellent team member able to contribute ideas and support fellow colleagues at all times in ensuring a successful team.
- Ability to communicate appropriately with a wide and varied audience.
- A commitment to undertake technical training and gain industry recognised certifications.
- 7 or more GCSE grades A*-C or equivalent (to include Mathematics, and English).
- GCSEs or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject (e.g. ICT or Computer Studies)
- A or AS Level qualification in IT