Software Engineer Degree Apprentice
With over 25 years’ experience in both the public and private sectors, Blueteq was founded in 2005 by the existing Directors, with the ethos and practice of providing “personalised IT solutions” combined with the highest level of customer service and care.
As a company we pride ourselves on investing in our people and technology in order to ensure our knowledge and skills are up to date. We appreciate that each customer has different needs, expectations and budgets and as such we build close relationships with our clients and an understanding of the needs and market challenges they face. We make sure that we are thinking about them in everything we do from application development through to customer service and support.
Blueteq is looking for an individual to join the development team in maintaining & developing its administration and clinical systems. The successful candidate will work in a supported learning environment to develop the knowledge and skills required for the role whilst supplementing this learning with a four year BSc (Hons) degree in Software Development.
- Dealing with Support Requests - verbal and via support system
- Design & develop web interfaces for relational database technologies
- Systems analysis & problem solving
- Development using Visual Studio
- Microsoft SQL Server development using SQL Management Studio
- Detailed testing during the development cycle
- Contribute constructive ideas to the team
- Occasional answering of telephone / message taking
- Contact with clients including meetings
Communication is Key!
You need to have a positive work ethic which is enthusiastic and pro-active, be willing to work positively with others in the team, problem solving and be willing to learn new skills in the business operation.
- You will need to be able to create and organise documentation, speak and write clearly and treat our clients as you would like to be treated.
- You will need to be passionate about technology.
- You will need to be methodical, using great care and be able to manage priorities of tasks - Punctuality is essential.
Ideally some knowledge or experience of the following would be helpful –
- Applicants must meeting at least one of the following entry requirements;
- At least 3 A-levels at C grade or above to include ICT/Computing
- Level 3 BTEC in ICT/Computing
- equivalent qualification in ICT/Computing