Apprentice IT Network Administrator
The network infrastructure at the BYK Additives Limited site is increasing in use and complexity.The network is of primary importance to a number of business operations, which will only increase in the future, i.e. VoIP scheduled for implementation at Widnes in Q1 2017 and SAP in 2018, so there needs to be greater emphasis on ensuring the network is available at all times with minimal disruption.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all new and existing network hardware, software and communication links at the Widnes site so they will need to understand network protocols, configuration, cloud, network administration and monitoring tools, and be able to give technical advice and guidance.In their role they need to be proficient in technology solutions as they will analyse system requirements to ensure the network and its services operate to desired levels. They will need to understand the data traffic and transmission across the network and they have a major role to play in ensuring network security.
They will also assist with supporting other Infrastructure as required and closely liaise with Systems Administrator and other team members.
Key result areas/key tasks/main duties
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all new and existing Cisco network hardware, software and communication links at the Widnes site.
- Participation in the implementation, monitoring, maintenance, support and optimization of all network hardware, software and communication links.
- Improving Network infrastructure, performance and security primarily using Cisco and Microsoft products.
- Responding to and troubleshoot network performance issues.
- Supporting VoIP infrastructure and its associated software, including IP-PBXs, call management systems, voicemail and interactive voice response once implemented at Widnes.
- Documenting the Local Area Network (LAN), Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) architecture, design, and layout, including protocols and standards used, including the configuration.
- Coordinating relevant external contracts and any additional services.
- Responding to assigned Service Desk tickets and staff requests.
- To work as part of a team, including those in Widnes and Wesel, and provide cover for other team members in their absence.
- To respect confidentiality and carry out all the duties and responsibilities of the post in a professional manner and with due regard to the importance of the site and in compliance with all of its policies.
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities when requested, which are commensurate with this role.
- Excellent written and oral communication including technical writing.
- Ability to respond to new initiatives and directions in IT.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan and prioritise work.
- Be flexible in approach to post.
- Project management skills a definite asset.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of individuals, i.e. the ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage own time and workload, and able to meet deadlines.
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) grade A*-C inc Maths, English and Science)
- Ideally you will have 260 UCAS points (Grades BCC-BBC) or an acceptable alternative e.g. BTEC Subsidiary Diploma, Diploma, Extended Diploma at Level 3 at Grades Distinction/Merit
- Computer or related technical diploma from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience and practical knowledge
- Industry standard certifications such as: CCNA, CCNP or equivalent work experience and practical knowledge.