Tax Apprentice (ATT Level 4) with Herbert Smith Freehills
1 day left
The role is varied and the Tax Apprentice will gain exposure to most of the work carried out by the team.
The role will include:
- Preparing UK tax returns for secondees and partners both based in the UK and overseas.
- Preparing schedules and documents to form part of these tax returns.
- Helping with all aspects of our work, including journal entries, completing and maintaining spreadsheets and assisting on ad-hoc project work.
- Set up and maintenance of the secondee and partner data fields in our tax return preparation software.
- Assisting the International Tax Team with various Corporate and Indirect Tax matters.
- Corresponding with secondees, partners, other teams within the London office, our offices abroad, HMRC and third parties.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of staff and, in time, partners. A good standard of written and spoken English is therefore essential.
- Numeracy, particularly the ability to identify errors in data and calculations. ·
- Confidentiality is of extreme importance.
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Cheerful, calm and unflappable personality.
- Good team player.
- Excellent attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- To work across teams in an effective manner.
- Ability to establish professional credibility.
- Intelligent and commercially minded. Ability to use initiative and be proactive.
- Willing to both listen and learn and to accept changing priorities and working requirements.
- To proactively manage own development and show commitment to the profession.
- Takes responsibility and demonstrates the drive and energy required to get things done.
5+ A-C grades at GCSE including Maths and English.
240+ (old system) / 96+ (new system) UCAS points at A-level or equivalent.Future prospects Potential for future progression within the company.