Tax Apprentice (ATT Level 4) with Herbert Smith Freehills
The role is varied and the Tax Apprentice will gain exposure to most of the work carried out by the team.
The role will include:
- Preparing UK tax returns for secondees and partners both based in the UK and overseas.
- Preparing schedules and documents to form part of these tax returns.
- Helping with all aspects of our work, including journal entries, completing and maintaining spreadsheets and assisting on ad-hoc project work.
- Set up and maintenance of the secondee and partner data fields in our tax return preparation software.
- Assisting the International Tax Team with various Corporate and Indirect Tax matters.
- Corresponding with secondees, partners, other teams within the London office, our offices abroad, HMRC and third parties.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of staff and, in time, partners. A good standard of written and spoken English is therefore essential.
- Numeracy, particularly the ability to identify errors in data and calculations. ·
- Confidentiality is of extreme importance.
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Cheerful, calm and unflappable personality.
- Good team player.
- Excellent attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- To work across teams in an effective manner.
- Ability to establish professional credibility.
- Intelligent and commercially minded. Ability to use initiative and be proactive.
- Willing to both listen and learn and to accept changing priorities and working requirements.
- To proactively manage own development and show commitment to the profession.
- Takes responsibility and demonstrates the drive and energy required to get things done.
5+ A-C grades at GCSE including Maths and English.
240+ (old system) / 96+ (new system) UCAS points at A-level or equivalent.Future prospects Potential for future progression within the company.